As we kick off the new year we are excited to also kick off our 21-days of prayer and fasting!
We encourage you to set aside a bit of time every day starting January 4th to seek God, as well as consider fasting in some area of your life (food, social media, daily coffee, TV) and use the time that would normally be spent with that thing you fast to study the Word and talk to God!
As a Church, there are several things that will be going on which will help each of us connect and enable us to go deeper with God as we jump into this new year as well. Here are the activities and resources that are currently available to you during this 21-days of prayer:
1) Pre-Service Prayer time Sundays from 8:45-9:15: Pastor Devin will lead this prayer time by sharing a brief thought or scripture, then leading out in praying for our service and our church. Join us and help set the expectation for God to move this year!
2) January 4 Prayer-focused teaching service: The first Sunday of the year will be a service devoted to talking about the subject of prayer and how we use prayer in our lives. If you are new to praying or want to gain a better understanding of how prayer works, join us for this service. If you can’t make it, be sure to check out the video on-line or grab a copy of the CD with the teaching notes from Pastor Devin and go through it when you are able!
3) Wednesday Night Worship and Prayer nights: These 1-hour worship and prayer times will focus on getting before God to seek Him in different areas. The first week will be directed toward praying for our church. The second week will be directed toward praying for our local communities, and the final week will be focused on praying for our nation and our leaders. Pastor Devin will lead out in each session and others will be encouraged to pray for each of these areas as they feel led as well. Join us Wednesday the 7th, 14th, and 21st at 7pm for these times of prayer and worship!
4) Friday night Google Hangouts Devotionals: Each Friday at 6:30 join us online in our Google Hangout to hear a short devotion from Pastor Devin and then share any prayer requests you have with other members of the Life Howell Family. After that, we will take some time to pray together as well. The link for the Google Hangout can be found on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LCCHowell so check it out and join us! You can use Hangouts from a computer, tablet or smart phone and jump in wherever you are, so plan to attend each Friday!
5) 21-Day Howell Campus Devotional: Grab your copy of the Howell Campus Devotional written by Pastor Devin and use it each day to spend a few moments with the Lord. Each day has a scripture thought, a short devotional, and a space for you to write anything God gives you as you spend time with Him! Grab yours on January 4th in service or at the Resource Cafe while supplies last. Each Devotional is FREE, but quantities are limited!