Well, it’s here…our Toys For Kids event is this weekend!
We are so excited to host 4 services this weekend at the Howell Campus and to be able to distribute over $100,000 worth of toys to families from our area! God has been faithful and good to us and this is our opportunity to give back. Jesus said in Matthew 10:8 “Freely you have received, freely give.” That is exactly what we are doing this weekend!
If you’re coming for one of our 4 weekend services, here are a few friendly reminders:
1) Registration for each service was full, so while we always welcome visitors, if you did not register for a service please know space is limited. Those that registered and were sent tickets will be given preference for their service. Once a service has started, if there is space available we will admit anyone else who wants to come join us.
2) We DO have childcare for infants and toddlers during the services. Children kindergarten and up will attend the service with their parents. If you have a younger child and would like to keep them with you, you are welcome to do so. However, shopping may be more difficult for parents if you’re holding an infant, too!
3) Parents will be dismissed from the service to go shop for toys. While this happens we have a special activity for the children that will take place in the sanctuary. You will be given a sheet with instructions on it when you check in at registration for the toy distribution.
4) Parents will be given a bag for shopping when you enter “Toy Land”. There will also be workers stationed throughout the room to help assist you as needed. Because of the number of families we are helping over the course of the weekend, please do not take more than 7 toys per child you have registered to help us ensure we are able to fully serve everyone.
5) We are thrilled to be able to give these toys away for free, but we do need your help… please listen carefully and follow all directions given for toy distribution and work with us to ensure we have an orderly flow.
6) After you select your toys you will have the chance to go put them in your vehicle so your child(ren) do not see them. Once you’ve done that, return to the sanctuary to pick up your child(ren) promptly, please.
7) Anyone who is not able to be admitted to a service because it is full is welcome to come by on Monday Dec. 23rd. Any remaining toys will be available for pickup at that time and you’ll be free to select whatever you’d like from inventory that is left.
Life Christian Church would like to thank the Slinky-Poof company for supplying these toys for distribution. They have generously given us the opportunity to serve so many, including families with the Crisis Pregnancy Center in Brighton and the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. After our services this weekend, at least 1,000 children will have been provided with toys for Christmas because of their generous support.
Thank you for visiting Life Howell. We look forward to meeting you, serving your family, and hopefully having you back for another of our wonderful services! Merry Christmas!